IN AN EMERGENCY CALL 000 or go to your nearest hospital Emergency Department
The Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health does not provide Emergency Services.

Help Services

If you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 000 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department.

If you’re concerned about your own or someone else’s mental health, you can call the NSWMental Health Line 1800 011 511 for advice.

Having a tough time and need someone to talk to right now?

The following services are here to help. They are confidential and available 24/7 (unless otherwise stated).

Other Available Supports

Support is available for residents impacted by bushfires in the following regions:

NSW New England region of the Hunter New England region – Healthwise 1800 931 540. For more information please go to

Mid-coast, Armidale, Tenterfield, Walcha and Glenn Innes LGAs  – call Bolton Clarke on 1800 010 630 or head to their website and ask for a call back – (This is a free mental health coaching service designed to provide some short-term support to help manage mild distress and get people back on track as part of recovery. Referral to local face-to-face services is available should the client need additional support).

Hunter New England and Central Coast PHN also have a dedicated Bushfire Support page which information will be added to as services and other Commonwealth services are confirmed. The link is:

North Coast – Connect to Wellbeing 1300 160 339

Mid/North Coast – Healthy Minds (telephone and web-based coaching available through North Coast Primary Health Network) – visit:  or 1300 137 237

Mid/North Coast – Connect to Wellbeing (routine primary mental health care services available through North Coast Primary Health Network)  – or 1300 160 339

Great Lakes LGA – Life Matters (telephone counselling available specific for bushfire support) –  or 02 4965 3530

Upper Hunter/ Newcastle/ Port Stephens – Hunter Primary Care (face-to-face primary mental health services – currently a GP referral and mental health treatment plan is required to access these services) –  or call 02 4925 2259 .

Central Coast – Central Coast Primary Care (face-to-face primary mental health services) – or call 02 4365 2294

The National Bushfire Recovery Agency is leading the response to rebuild communities affected by bushfires. Their factsheet outlines the free mental health assistance available to those living in bushfire-affected regions.

Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP)contact your local RAMHP Coordinator. They are not clinicians but they can listen, provide support and help connect people to services in their local area.

Emerging Minds
Resources to support children during natural disasters including bushfire and drought.

Useful Links

Evacuation Centres and Disaster Welfare Points
Head to you local Evacuation Centre.

Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline
Fire affected landholders requiring emergency fodder are being urged to call the Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 64.

Salvation Army Disasters Assistance Team
Contact the Salvation Army Disasters Assistance team – email or call 1300 662 217.

Office of Emergency Assistance
Contact the Office of Emergency Assistance for NSW Government advice and support.

CRANAplus Bush Support Service – 1800 805 391
A free and confidential telephone counselling service for rural and remote area health professionals and their families.

Connects Australian farmers to on-farm, business, household and personal support to manage hardship.

Rural Resilience Program
Links farmers to services and initiatives to build personal and business resilience through Rural Resilience Officers and Rural Support Workers.

Local Land Services – 1300 795 299
Provides services and knowledge in regards to agricultural production, animal health, pest and disease management and environmental threats.

Rural Financial Counselling Service – 1800 686 175
Provides free information and assistance on financial position, budgets and submitting applications to primary producers, fishers and small rural businesses.

NSW Rural Assistance Authority – 1800 678 593
Provides assistance to rural producers and small businesses in regional NSW.

A youth-focused website which provides help and support for people aged 25 and under.



There are no upcoming events at this time.


Aboriginal Flag