IN AN EMERGENCY CALL 000 or go to your nearest hospital Emergency Department
The Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health does not provide Emergency Services.

Help Services

If you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 000 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department.

If you’re concerned about your own or someone else’s mental health, you can call the NSW Mental Health Line 1800 011 511 for advice.

Having a tough time and need someone to talk to right now? The following services are here to help. They are confidential and available 24/7.

Further Drought Support

DPI Drought Hub
Provides information on services and supports available to prepare for and manage drought.

Drought Support Teams
Hunter New England, Murrumbidgee and Western NSW Local Health Districts have established Drought Support Teams who provide mental health and emotional support for farmers, farming families, local businesses and services who have been affected by the drought.

The support program is flexible and can offer short conversations and information through to ongoing formal counselling. A member of the Drought Support team can visit your farm, home or place of work, or can arrange to meet you any other place when confidentiality can be guaranteed.

To access the service call the following numbers:

Hunter New England – 0477 322 851 | Western – 02 6881 4000 | Murrumbidgee – 0436 811 692

*Please note this is a NSW Health program which is not managed by RAMHP or the CRRMH.

CRANAplus Bush Support Service – 1800 805 391
A free and confidential telephone counselling service for rural and remote area health professionals and their families.

Connects Australian farmers to on-farm, business, household and personal support to manage hardship.

Local Land Services – 1300 795 299
Provides services and knowledge in regards to agricultural production, animal health, pest and disease management and environmental threats.

Rural Financial Counselling Service – 1800 686 175
Provides free information and assistance on financial position, budgets and submitting applications to primary producers, fishers and small rural businesses.

NSW Rural Assistance Authority – 1800 678 593 
Provides assistance to rural producers and small businesses in regional NSW.

Emerging Minds
Resources to support children during drought.

A youth-focused website which has a dedicated page for drought-affected communities.



There are no upcoming events at this time.


Aboriginal Flag