Traditionally we are about to enter the season of joy and gift giving. Unfortunately for some the holidays can cause stress and anxiety. It is also a busy time for our farmers with crops to bring in.
Like the 3 wise men we hear so much about at this time of year, we can share three gifts with our family, friends and neighbours – but they don’t need to be gold or frankincense. Inexpensive gifts such as a smile, a listening ear and our time can all go a long way to brightening someone’s day.
During this busy time we also encourage you to take care of yourself by:
- Stay in contact with family and friends.
- Deal with the things you can, let go of those you cannot.
- Seek professional help if something is too hard.
- Limit your alcohol intake as at this time of the year it is easy to over indulge.
Listed below are emergency contact numbers to have on hand while some services close their doors over the holiday period.
- Police, Fire and Ambulance 000
- Mental Health Line 1800 011 511
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- State Emergency Service 132 500
- Salvo Care Line 1300 3636 622
- Mensline 1300 789 978
- Kids Line 1800 55 1800
Your local hospital is staffed 24 hours a day too.
We wish everyone the season’s greetings and look forward to seeing everyone healthy and happy in the New Year.